Who We Are
PROMEA, an Athens-based NGO founded in 2006, is primarily active in the field of lifelong and adult education for disadvantaged groups and individuals across the EU, and works with the civil society to promote inclusion, equality, employment and environmental awareness.
PROMEA's activities are partially funded through its participation in EU-funded projects, in which it joins forces with both peers (such as NGOs providing education to disadvantaged groups and Civil Society Organizations) and public agencies responsible for actions in the aforementioned areas. PROMEA’s volunteering members comprise academic researchers, field experts, and education practitioners.
What We Offer
PROMEA is promoting knowledge capital build-up in Greece and in Europe. Enhancing and promoting model research & technology processes, managing knowledge, and supporting innovation & technology transfer are essential pathways for the development and strengthening of a knowledge society. We bring substantial value to our collaborating organisations and we minimise the associated risk.
Where we work
PROMEA's activities over the last five years includes the following tangible results:
• Enhancing the key competences and digital literacy of disadvantaged individuals and low-skilled adults, as well as modernizing the skills of the unemployed and the older workforce facing the risk of unemployment.
• Recognition and validation of disadvantaged groups' informally acquired skills (especially refugees, for instance in the field of domestic care), enabling them to formally (re-)enter the labour market.
• Supporting the social inclusion of refugees and migrant parents by addressing parenting and health issues.
• Securing open access to education for all, by developing and deploying freely accessible ICT learning platforms, tools, and apps.
• Building the capacities of trainers in the field of adult education through the provision of training (workshops), methodologies and resources.
• Assessment of lifelong and adult learning courses (in collaboration with learning providers), and tracking the lifelong and life-wide progress pathways of disadvantaged learners.
• Development of mentoring schemes for adult education.
• Organization of awareness raising, public dialogue and consensus building events.
Get In Touch
Navarinou 40 | Chalandri | Athens | Greece | +30 210 642 04 40 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff, collaborators and members of PROMEA comprise an interdisciplinary and diverse team. We usually recruit the following profiles: Researchers-analysts, project managers, engagement communicators and operational collaborators. When we recruit we publish our needs in professional networks and services but we welcome impromptu applications. We will respond to them the latest every two months (or earlier if we think there might be a strong fit with urgent needs). We always follow through and we respond to every application. Please send your resume at email@example.com
The recruitment process includes at least a couple of discussions with senior members of our team, a 2-hours written test comprising an essay drafting and some (simple) data manipulations (depending of course on the profile sought). We reckon it is a bit tedious but both sides get a clearer view on whether we are a good match to work together!